Bo Lindekrantz studied at Slöjdföreningens skola (now HDK-Valand) in Gothenburg during the late 1950’s and early 60’s where he met Börge Lindau and together they founded a design studio in Helsingborg 1964.
Lindekrantz and Lindau developed furniture in laminated wood and metal while also making interiors for a.o. Form/Design Center in Malmö. In 1965 the began a collaboration with the furniture company Lammhults, beginning with the chairs Ritz and Royal. In 1968 they got their real breakthrough with the Bauhaus inspired collection S70, made of thick, lacquered steel pipes.
The stackable chair Opalen was originally designed by Lindau in 1963 and produced by Asko, but was re-launched by Lammhults in 1974, where it became a huge success.
In 1969 the Lindau & Lindekrantz duo received the Lunning Prize. In 1986 their collaboration seized, and Lindekrantz ran his own design studio. He is represented at a.o. the Swedish National Museum of Fine Arts and the Museum of Furniture Studies in Stockholm and the Röhsska Museum of Crafts and Design in Gothenburg.